Wet chemical extinguishers are the best option for kitchen appliances given the special potassium acetate its contains. The agente is specially efficient in fighting fire originating from cooking appliances and oils. These extinguishers are usually in supplement to existing automated systems.
These extinguishers have a warranty of 5 years from the date of purchase. They require a yearly maintenance service to assure optimum efficiency and are refillable upon use.
- Amerex wet chemical fire extinguishers are tested and approved for the Class K listing by UL specifically for restaurant kitchen hazards
- A swivel connection on the hose allows the nozzle to be oriented for proper use. The nozzle grip is designed with a 45 deg. angle for easy “overhead” application
- The wet chemical agent is discharged as a fine mist to help prevent grease splash and re-flash while cooling the appliance.
- They comply with NFPA 10 Standard, ISO-9001/ISO-14001 Certified, UL Listed, Made in USA.
- The extinguishers conform to test standards: CAN/ULC-S554-ANSI/UL8& CAN/ULC-S508-ANSI/UL711
- Valves are all stainless steel construction
- They contain an exclusive crevice free, butt welded cylinder.
- They are tested on commercial deep fat fryers to ANSI/UL 711 test Protocol and safe to use on energized electrical appliances.
- They are Class 2A Rated to meet fire code occupancy hazard requirements.
- The temperature range of operation is between 40F(5C) and 120F(49C)
- They are available in capacities of 6 liters and 2.5 gal (~10 liters).
- The range varies from 10 to 12 feet (3 to 3.7 m)
- Discharge time varies from 53 to 107 seconds.