ABC or Multipurpose Portable powder fire extinguishers are the first line of defense against a fire incident. They use a dry chemical that extinguishes all types of fire. The extinguisher is available in a variety of sizes and is suitable for all moderate and high hazards, e.g. homes, offices, buses, trucks, mechanical and electrical rooms, boiler rooms, garages, warehouses, assembly areas, etc.
These extinguishers have a warranty of 6 years from the date of purchase. They require a yearly maintenance service to assure optimum efficiency and are refillable upon use.
- ABC or Multipurpose extinguishers utilize a specially fluidized and siliconized mono ammonium phosphate dry chemical and do not conduct electricity back to the operator
- Class A fire: They chemically insulate class A fires by melting at approximately 177C, they coat the surface to which they apply.
- Class B fire: They smother and break the chemical chain reaction
- Amerex ABC dry chemical fire extinguishers are pressure stored, manufactured and tested to ANSI/UL standards, they comply with NFPA 10 Standard, ISO-9001/ISO-14001 Certified, UL Listed, Made in USA.
- The extinguishers conform to test standards: CAN/ULC-S504-ANSI/UL299 & CAN/ULC-S508-ANSI/UL711
- Valves are all metal construction, either anodized aluminum or chrome plated brass.
- The temperature range of operation is between -65F(-54C) and 120F(49C)
- They are available in capacities of 2.5, 5, 6, 10, and 20 lbs
- The range varies from 9 to 21 feet (2.75 to 6.4 m)
- Discharge time varies from 10 to 30 seconds